International Office & Partnership (IOP)
International Office & Partnership (IOP) is a bridge for both international and domestic institutions to establish a partnership with Universitas Airlanggga. The office has been managed by young, energetic and competent people since it was founded in 2010. It was also the year when Universitas Airlangga announced a 5-year plan to become one of the most prominent world-class universities.
Generally, IOP has two main functions, namely:
- As an Entry Unit or the entrance for potential institutions which want to build international or domestic partnerships with Universitas Airlangga, and to maintain the development of national and international networks.
- As a Connecting Unit between potential partners and all other related units or faculties within Universitas Airlangga.
To be more pro-active, progressive, productive and professional, IOP basically has three core activities. The first is Academic Mobility, covering incoming mobility by organizing, coordinating, and accommodating international students and academicians who want to get involved in Universitas Airlangga’s activities, and outgoing mobility which covers the organizing, coordinating, and accommodating students and academicians from Universitas Airlangga to do academic activities abroad, such as student exchanges or scholarship programs, and also providing information about visas. The second activity is about initializing, facilitating, conducting and developing the national as well as the international network. The last activity is about overseeing and evaluating all international and national partnerships and collaborations; thus, IOP can offer powerful aids for the development of the university and for actualizing the goal of becoming a world-class university.
IOP always tries its best to accomplish these following missions:
- Initializing national and international network and also partnership in education, research and community service.
- Facilitating national and international network and also partnership in education, research and community service.
- Developing national and international network and also partnership in education, research and community service.